Monday, June 21, 2010

summer project #2

This is a pretty good project for kids who can play with playdough and paint.
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups warm water
combine flour and salt in bowl and add 1 cup water. Mix with hands and add the rest of the water. Knead dough about 5 minutes on floured surface. Give to kids to make into sculptures.
Bake sculptures/shapes/blobs at 325 for 1 hour or until hard (some of the fatty sculptures needed about 2 hours). Then paint!
They are pretty durable once baked- we made long snakes, jewelry beads, canoes, flowers and people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey allie its Angie. What a fun idea. I think my kids would love it. I don't have your email but I thought I would tell you there is a reunion being planned and they don't have your info or janenes. It said to have you email gbhs2000@gmail.com. hope all is well.