Monday, January 11, 2016

December 2015


 little buddy learning to be a man

 emery and campbell had another fun trip to the ice rink in Walnut Creek.

 The best part of Christmas Break was being able to hold Jacob and Amy's little newborn twins for hours and hours and hours on end. For reals. They are little angels and just sleep and eat and sometimes sleep-eat.
 more sleeping pictures.
Last night wasn't photo-worthy. griffin had gotten sick all over our bed- and down the side of the bed and everywhere while he was sleeping. So, when we came upstairs to go to bed we got an awful late-night surprise. The worst part was that griffin had said that his tummy didn't feel well so I made him a little bed on our floor by the bathroom. Well, he moved himself back to the bed because it was "more comfy".

This is little quinny braving the frigid California winter to go to church. She dug out her snow gear.
 quinn told Santa she wanted an Elves LEGO set. Check (kind of- she got a huge one to share with emery and campbell so she doesn't really count it as "just hers")
 griffin told santa he wanted a stuffed Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. FAIL
 campbell told santa she wanted marbles. FAIL
It would be nice if the kids wouldn't change their minds after they'd given me their christmas lists...
 campbell's class field trip to see The Nutcracker ballet. I didn't lose any of these kids.
 Out friends invited us over to frost Christmas sugar cookies so I got to cross something off our Christmas list and have fun with friends while doing it. yay.



 emery's winter concert- she's been playing the flute again and loves it.
 I waited in line so I could get great seats to see my little performer and then she got to her seat and raised her stand right up in front of her face so all I could see were her little legs and the end of her braid.

 I ran back and forth between griffin and campbell's Christmas parties. Little Buddy thought it was pajama day that day but he was the only one wearing them so I'm not totally sure he was right...
 I snuck this picture of Campbell playing "silent ball" in her classroom. It involves throwing a ball and giving answers. I work in her classroom a lot and am able to talk with the teacher about her strengths and needs. Academically she's amazing- super in all areas. So we talk about the things that make campbell frustrated and how to work on them. She gets most annoyed when others around her aren't catching on to a new concept or if she's raising her hand to give an answer and the teacher calls on other people who each give a wrong answer. Campbell just gets it and goes crazy when she has to listen to a bunch of wrong answers.
Anyway, she's also wary of doing things she might not be the best at- like silent ball. She refused to play last month so when I saw her sitting on her desk participating it made me so proud. She made it to the final 3 and all her classmates applauded her when she was done.
campbell has been working so hard this year on a list of skills that we made up together. She is a very special girl and I love being her mom.
We finished the Book of Mormon and went to Fenton's to get sundaes and celebrate!

1 comment:

Neil Whiting said...

I agree with Griffin, when a guy is not feeling very good, he wants the most comfy bed available.