Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Cabin fun

In July we went on our little semi-annual trip to the Langford's cabin in Soda Springs. We do a snow/sledding trip and then a summer trip each year. It is SO much fun and the kids love being out on the lake, riding bikes, fishing, playing with their friends and swimming.

Getting all the kids and kayaks and the canoe into the water is always a fun production filled with "I get the blue kayak!" "I don't want to go in the canoe with_____" "My arms won't get tired! I can paddle the whole way!!!" And they all stand right in the path of the launch.
There's an island they like to "dock" at and catch tadpoles. Seriously gross. The tadpoles are in the in-between stage where they have a big mushy head and little tiny legs and it's creepy. But the kids love them and there are a billion swimming around.
Quinn floated around for a while. She even held onto the rope on my kayak and followed me across the lake. She's not very timid.
Night fishing. The kids were using these little Barbie fishing poles but they still caught lots of fish. Alisha and I had to run to the convenience store and buy a little container of worms for the kids. Then the sales guy said- "Oh, there's only 12 worms in here but you just cut them into pieces and use those as bait." I quickly realized why fishing has never and will never be my thing.




quinn caught a ride on the back of the kayak.



 Tyler was the fishing instructor
Can you see Griffin's fish? Batman fishing pole for the win!

2 comments:

Neil Whiting said...

wonderful friends
it looks like Griffin would not be feeding the whole group on is fishing success

Lori Whiting said...

Looks like a really fun place!! I agree, fishing isn't my thing either!