Thursday, November 2, 2017

Back to School

We started out the year with a Back to School FHE and father's blessings for each kid. This year's family quote strayed a little from the norm (church quotes) and is from Roald Dahl
"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely"
Quinny
Griffin
Campbell
Emery
Quinny is in first grade so she's gone all day now and the transition didn't bother her at all. It bothered me though! I realized how much I HATE going places without my family! I feel like I'm scowling as I walk around the stores because I'm not talking to or laughing with anyone. It's weird! So I still save most of my shopping for when they're out of school.
Quinn is doing really well at school and thinks her teacher is super funny and now knows who Steven Tyler is because he's her teacher's favorite singer. She usually only eats one thing out of her lunch so I think she's mostly socializing.
Emery is in her last year of Jr High- 8th grade. She still plays the flute, takes piano and did cross country this fall. She really really really likes going to school to see her friends. She's a great student and I never have to remind her to do anything. Recently she's been working the sewing machine for hours. She sewed over 30 stuffed bears and embroidered their faces for refugee kids and then made her pioneer outfit and my outfit for Trek next summer (2 skirts and 1 apron each). THEN... her sisters felt left out so she made them outfits too.
Griffin is in 3rd grade and I love his teacher probably the best of all. She really goes above and beyond. Every time he earns 100 "classroom dollars" he buys "lunch with the teacher" so I think he feels the same way. Griffin loves the fall because it's SOCCER season- his favorite ever. He does great at offense and defense so it's always fun to watch his games. He also did cross country with the girls because it fit into his soccer schedule this year.
Campbell is in her first year of Jr High- 6th grade. She plays violin and piano and also did cross country this year. She is crazy fast! When they run the mile in class she beats everyone in her class... boys and girls! She still reads reads reads and our whole family gets a kick out of it when I steal all her books and don't let her read until her chores are done. She loves middle school and has made a new group of friends and is very happy when I pick her up each day.
Writing this post is making me miss these smiling faces even more!

2 comments:

Neil Whiting said...

Over achievers
great family goals

Lori Whiting said...

Love seeing these bright, smiling faces. Such wonderful children!!
We love you guys

Mom