Grandpa set Quinny up with some painting supplies one morning
The artist "smock" and nice paint supplies sure help them feel more like real artists.
Dad enjoying a small side salad
Spencer and I took the girls to the Sacramento Temple to do temple work for some family names over Thanksgiving Break. This was Campbell's first time and it was so special!
Quinny finished up her second season of soccer! Her team was the "sparkling blueberry bombs"
Found this mystery pic on my phone
Spencer and I booked a cruise kind of on a whim and took off at the beginning of December. The fall was busy with soccer and emery's volleyball so, even though Christmas time is also busy, it ended up working out great. Many thanks to Judy and Dad who took turns watching the kids.Our first dinner on the night we set out to sea! SO exciting for us cruise newbies. We went to one of the nice restaurants every night and then wandered around the buffet afterwards to make sure there wasn't anything exciting we missed. I found these tiny little glass cups filled with layers of mousse and other treats and had between 1 and 8 each night. They were insanely good.
Our first stop was Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas- which Norweigian owns so we got to wander around the island with unlimited food and drinks and beach-time all day. That's our boat in the background.
Trying fried conch for the first time in Nassau- well, I didn't try it because it sounded gross, but I did eat some fritters.
Freeport, Bahamas
Holiday concert for band. Emery's in the front row with the flutes. Campbell had a concert the same night so we had to split up.
I remembered dissecting owl pellets when I was a kid at school so I thought it would be a fun little science project. You can get them on Amazon (get the large size of the barn owl pellets... not regular size) if anyone's interested... haha. Quinn's pellet was full of feathers and little bird bones. The other kids' had fur and rodent parts.
emery joined in the fun-which surprised me. It's kind of gross.
Campbell's pellet had HUGE bones in it
Coincidentally, we now have a resident Great Horned Owl in the area and have found ginormous pellets for free in our yard. So cool. He is more than welcome to make himself at home and eat ALL the rodents.
emery drew her friend's name in a Christmas gift swap at school and made her a giraffe as part of the gift.
Quinn still sleeps on our bedroom floor every night. We finally convinced her to use a toddler mattress so now it looks more like a little bed on the floor instead of just a blankie.
Griffin got his braces off
Quinny could not get this little front baby tooth out until our orthodontist mentioned that her front tooth might end up sticking out a lot if the baby tooth didn't come out soon. She managed to wiggle that little tooth out by the end of the day.
Now they've decided they love peeling vegetables. They take about 13 times longer to do it that I do but if I start them peeling early enough...
Found this at mom's house- from about 20 years ago!

































3 comments:
Twenty years and still wonderful.
I remember those owl pellets from years ago when you guys did the dissecting!! Love Emmys giraffe! Funny how I taught her how to crochet and she has passed me up in the skills department!!
Oh and happy you captured your dads side salad!!
Post a Comment