Thursday, October 10, 2019

Utah trip

For this year's Brock Family Reunion we had even more family there than normal as a couple of Spencer's aunt's and their families came also. So much fun!

 Aunt Lindsay set up face painting for the kids and you can bet Quinn quickly got in line.









 



 Spencer's whole, entire family


 We wore Quinn out each day. She fell asleep mid-snack

 We made a couple stops to BYU for some Creamery ice cream, bookstore candy and then more ice cream.


 more ice cream

 And the future cougars are never too old to roll down the grassy hill
 My annual statue picture is turning into a supermodel photoshoot. They are getting SO old!



 JDawgs for dinner
 Natalie's family kindly let us join them for the Fourth of July parade. What fun! The kids were taught the art of getting more candy thrown at you.

 This made me smile! All the little primary kids were dressed up like candles.
 Quinny is admiring Grandpa's beautiful flowers (and my favorite rock) at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We love visiting the family in Logan!
 Grandpa kindly treated us to lunch at Kneaders.
 We were so happy to cross paths with Jeff, Liz and James as they were on their way to Bear Lake. Soon after this they moved to Vienna so we got to say "Hi" and "Bye" to them.
 We are grateful for Grandma and Grandpa's loving examples to us and for always welcoming us with smiles and open arms. I love that we're standing in front of the family pictures we had taken many years ago on the grounds of the Logan Temple. I always think of temple service when I think of my grandparents.
We spent the rest of the Fourth of July catching up with Jason and Meaja's family and then watching fireworks with David and Natalie's families. We love Utah and family so much!
On the drive home I made Spencer squeal off the road so we could check out the salt flats. I'd never been! The salt caked the bottoms of our shoes with inches of salt. That wasn't quite what I expected but still worth it! Until next year Utah!

1 comment:

Neil Whiting said...

Great vacation with lots of ice cream.
Looks like you wore out Griffin each day too
Love