Saturday, July 28, 2007

Gilroy Garlic Festival

Our awesome trip to the Gilroy Garlic festival.
We hoped to make it while Food Network was filming the competitions but it happened before we got there. Good thing I didn't spend too long on my hair.
Here's beautiful (yet dead) Gilroy, CA
We parked on a hill and walked down to the festival. The sign on the right says "hey garlic lovers" and has flames along the bottom. That's the welcoming sign.Gourmet Alley has the good food (garlic fries, garlic bread, garlic scampi, garlic chicken, garlic ice cream, garlic steak sandwiches etc...) Good thing for the free water because when they say it's "garlic" bread they mean GARLIC bread.
Spencer wanted the fries and I picked the garlic bread. Here's what's left of the fries. This is a yummy mixture with garlic cloves chopped into it. The fries were covered with this garlic topping.
If you look really closely at campbell's hair you can tell this is the end of our day. I thought the garlic semi-truck was a fitting background.
They don't know what hit them.

Here's emery "helping" Spencer make a race car at the home depot station. She didn't want to actually work for the car... she just wanted the free apron and finished product.

Good job emery! She could have made a birdhouse, boat or car and I made an executive decision to do the car since obviously it's the most practical.
emery's in bed right now wearing nothing but this apron. I can't wait to see what's going to happen when we try to get her in church clothes tomorrow.

3 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

Your girls seem to have so much personality :) Oh- and you look so good! It is always fun seeing you throw in a picture or two of you into the mix. All the talk of garlic made me think of the trips to Tucci's when Todd worked there...the good ol' days :)

Natalie said...

It looks like a fun day! Allie, you look so good! I can't wait to see you guys in a few days! Yahoo!!

Anonymous said...

I picked Campbell up some cute sunglasses like Emerys
They always look so happy
mom