
A few tidbits from our daily routine. We've finished up studying plants (although we're still checking on our plant experiments and talking about them on walks etc) and are now studying weather. emery's coloring a picture showing a deciduous tree's cycle and an evergreen tree. It helps when I make examples of their projects the night before and then set the example out for them. I'm still adjusting what we do for school so it works for us. So far I've added more art times and now that it's fall we go outside more. Eventually, after the holidays, emery will start some gymnastics/dance/art classes.

Some weather books from the library and the weather chart the girls fill in each day. They draw a picture of what the weather was like and write the temperature down for each day. We check out about 60 books a week for school and reading time. I have yet to make a trip to the library without someone asking the girls what's up with all the books.

I leave many different craft supplies out during school time for emery to make anything her little heart desires. She goes through plain white paper like crazy. Here's a picture of Aunt Katie, Uncle Robert and baby Liam. Her names are spelled phonetically. In Liam's case she just put his initial.

These are the shelves with most of the school books we're using. The orange bucket contains the things we're using that day for school. Library books for our current subject go on top. The little plastic boxes on the bottom contain some math "manipulatives" they can play with. The map is for the countries and continents we're learning about. I say "we" because I usually learn just as much as the girls.

Lastly is the treat jar. This is is for when we have an exceptionally good behavior day (judged by me). campbell talks about this jar a lot. Apparently she's seen Spongebob before because she asks for "cwabby patties" at the end of the day.
8 comments:
I am so impressed with all that you are doing. I am sure your kids love to have you as mom and teacher. I am planning on homeschooling our kids and think it will be a blast.
This is awesome! I love how organized you are! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation! Did I use enough exclamation marks in this comment??!!! :-)
Yup, you are a stud :o) How about I just send Weston to you....I think you can teach him more than the Dinosaur train ;o)
that is so great. you seem very organized about it. it really is making me think a little more about doing this for Asher. we'll see though. like you said, i think it depends on what schools are around wherever we are.
Love it! Keep up the good work. :)
So cute! I love the picture she drew. Maybe by the time Liam starts school we will live next door to eachother and I will just send him to your house for school. sound good?... allie??
What a woman! I am impressed that you are so organized and on the ball. I don't know if I could be that structured. Props to you my friend :)
I*Wish* our little craft/book shelf was that organized. Great job!
You've got what it takes to be a great teacher for her.
Post a Comment