Friday, July 15, 2011

campbell's 5

 campbell's birthday came 2 weeks after quinn was born so her birthday was in danger of getting seriously overshadowed. We usually decorate the house with balloons and streamers so they wake up to a big birthday mess in the morning. It was almost 11 pm the night before her birthday, the baby was asleep in bed and I was climbing into my bed when I remembered this little tradition. Shoot.

Being super sleep-deprived I actually entertained the idea of not doing any decorating. Then an image of her face waking up and being all disappointed got me out of bed. I tossed a pile of balloons at Spencer to blow up and I strung streamers everywhere I could. Then I went to bed feeling happy and slept like a big tired rock.

So, for her birthday we tried to make a fun, albeit party-less day for campbell. We went to Build-a-Bear and campbell got to make her first special stuffed animal (AND pick out an outfit AND a sound... I'm telling you... we spared no expense!)

The kids played at the playground and then we got campbell's favorite lunch- orange chicken at Panda Express. For birthday dessert she got angel food cake with strawberries.

It doesn't take a lot to make campbell get really excited. She loved the attention and was happy the whole day through.

Thanks to everyone who made campbell feel special.

We love our spunky, opinionated, thoughtful, emotional and funny girl.

2 comments:

Lori Whiting said...

We love our little spunky Campbell.
Happy 5th birthday and I'm glad you had a fun birthday building a bear
Love grandma Lori

John and Morgan said...

Oh my gosh! I was dying listening to the song she picked. So hilarious! We love little Campbell too.