Sunday, November 6, 2022

New York City with Emery

It was a tight squeeze fitting a fun senior trip with Emery onto the calendar but we made it work! She was done with AP tests but still had some schoolwork to do on the flight over.
Day 1 was a Sunday so we loaded our church clothes into my backpack and headed off the church- which is so much fun since it's also at the Manhattan Temple. We also spent a good part of the afternoon walking around Central Park and seeing all the fun sites there.
We made a pit stop at the super small Target just to check things out and see what a NYC Target has to offer.
This sign would be perfect for my desk if I had a desk.
Serendipity was one of the first restaurants I added to my list because... hello... look at that amazing frozen hot chocolate!!

At the end of the second day we crossed over the Brooklyn Bridge and then took the subway back to our hotel.
I'd never been to Grand Central Station and wanted to check it out. So beautiful!
St Patrick's Cathedral is another treasure right in the busiest, most commercial part of NYC.
We went back to the World Trade Center the next day to get a better view of 1 World Trade Center and also because Emery wanted a Survivor Tree tote.
Survivor Tree tote in front of the Survivor Tree
Some gelato at Chelsea Market
Hamilton was the grand finale to our trip! A very New York musical after we'd just seen so many sites from Early American history.
Emery was so much fun to explore the city with and was up for anything (and a lot of walking). I cherish every day I get to spend with her.

1 comment:

Neil Whiting said...

a great end for Emery's great success in high school