Wednesday, April 9, 2008

spring in dad's yard

Since my dad never brags about his yard, I am taking the opportunity to do so myself. These pictures were taken last weekend between conference sessions. I loved the tulips- they were perfect.
This is one fraction of the front yard. Dad does not have a gardener and does everything himself. There is an orchard area on the left of this part of the yard.
Some of the cherry blossoms
Here is some more of the front yard.
My house- I lived here from 8th grade on. My parents chose to move into this new area for many reasons, but I think they were prompted so I could meet my future husband. Spencer and I have dated since high school. Thanks mom and dad!
Anyone who really knows dad would not be surprised to find these hidden all over the yard. Dad has always loved birds so we grew up with bird feeders and homes stashed in trees, fences and on poles.

My dad is the hardest worker of anyone I know and this is a small sample of what he chooses to do with his time. We love you dad!

9 comments:

John and Morgan said...

The yard is incredible. It's like a little Eden. We love you so much Dad! Thanks for posting this Allie.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

wow that is beautiful! I want my yard to look like that, a house like that would be nice too!

Anonymous said...

thank you allie for posting all of your dads hard work. He never takes enough credit.
We love you, mom

Anonymous said...

We think your dad is great, too!
He gardens more than just flowers correctly! Love, Judy

Natalie said...

Those are amazing pictures, Allie. I love the blossoms and tulips! Your Dad is amazing. Gardening is hard work and never ends.

Robert and Katie said...

Pretty pictures! We love you dad!

The Fear Fam said...

Beautiful! I love those tulips!

Chelsea said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!

Jenny said...

i've been thinking of your dad recently as the reality of taking care of a yard is sinking in. he is such an artist. the yard is always gorgeous. remember when we tried to mow the lawn? i believe i gained a very great appreciation for just a small part of what your dad does that day.