griffin's birthday was on a Sunday this year so we had the whole day to spoil the little guy. First things first... Spencer has to measure him to record how tall he is. The kids all get measured a lot (by Spencer) and I've finally limited it to the 1st of every month and their birthdays.
His favorite present was this pack of cars. He opened everything else and went back to the cars.
Pulling them out of their container and then putting them back in. Over and over.
My sister gave him a roaring dinosaur flashlight and he was terrified of it for a few days. He also hates his remote controlled car from Christmas so maybe he hates things that talk/move??? He learned to love the flashlight during our blackout.
Apparently he spent the whole day in his jammies. For his birthday cake I made cherry cobbler. I wanted cherry cobbler and he just wants the ice cream anyway so I won.
Griffin
1. The first thing he says as we're lifting him out of bed every morning is "num num??? num num peeeeezz??" He won't even settle for a cup of milk like the girls. He wants you to carry him straight to the kitchen and get to work on his breakfast. I hate it so much.
2. Every time he sees me he asks for "num nums". Then he points to the kitchen and makes sure I'm going the right way to get him some food. I try to take detours to see what he'll do and basically he squeals at me to get back on track.
3. Right now he's sitting on my lap pointing at the cherry cobbler picture saying "num num!! I want num num!!"
4. He goes through lots and lots of diapers.
5. If he smiles at me and says "peeeez mommy?" he gets anything he wants. It's just too cute.
6. He does a good job of filling the pesky little brother role by making messes of the girls' projects and bothering them constantly when they're playing and reading.
7. He loves escalators
8. He has a lot of words but they all sound like "dah dah or duh duh or da da or daa daa or muhmf"
9. He's my only child who has a special blankie that follows him everywhere.
10.He makes us laugh all the time. When I'm getting the girls' hair done for the day he gets in line to have his hair done too. He also got in line for a manicure this morning. If we're reading a book on the couch he must be in the middle. Even if there's no room. He doesn't care. He'll squirm and squeal and say "peeeez?" until he has a spot in the middle (or he'll take my lap).
We love little griffy and are glad he's around to give us a big dose of boy-ness in our home.
His favorite present was this pack of cars. He opened everything else and went back to the cars.
Pulling them out of their container and then putting them back in. Over and over.
My sister gave him a roaring dinosaur flashlight and he was terrified of it for a few days. He also hates his remote controlled car from Christmas so maybe he hates things that talk/move??? He learned to love the flashlight during our blackout.
Apparently he spent the whole day in his jammies. For his birthday cake I made cherry cobbler. I wanted cherry cobbler and he just wants the ice cream anyway so I won.
Griffin
1. The first thing he says as we're lifting him out of bed every morning is "num num??? num num peeeeezz??" He won't even settle for a cup of milk like the girls. He wants you to carry him straight to the kitchen and get to work on his breakfast. I hate it so much.
2. Every time he sees me he asks for "num nums". Then he points to the kitchen and makes sure I'm going the right way to get him some food. I try to take detours to see what he'll do and basically he squeals at me to get back on track.
3. Right now he's sitting on my lap pointing at the cherry cobbler picture saying "num num!! I want num num!!"
4. He goes through lots and lots of diapers.
5. If he smiles at me and says "peeeez mommy?" he gets anything he wants. It's just too cute.
6. He does a good job of filling the pesky little brother role by making messes of the girls' projects and bothering them constantly when they're playing and reading.
7. He loves escalators
8. He has a lot of words but they all sound like "dah dah or duh duh or da da or daa daa or muhmf"
9. He's my only child who has a special blankie that follows him everywhere.
10.He makes us laugh all the time. When I'm getting the girls' hair done for the day he gets in line to have his hair done too. He also got in line for a manicure this morning. If we're reading a book on the couch he must be in the middle. Even if there's no room. He doesn't care. He'll squirm and squeal and say "peeeez?" until he has a spot in the middle (or he'll take my lap).
We love little griffy and are glad he's around to give us a big dose of boy-ness in our home.
3 comments:
We love little Griffy too.
Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.
Hope it warms up a little!!
Love, mom
What a sweet boy! Will you get him asking for "num nums" on video, please. I want to hear and see this!
For a second I thought you were describing Tyler. They have a lot in common. Griffin is such a cutie!
Post a Comment