The storm from the previous post knocked out our power which took away our heat and electricity. It got so cold in our house that after a couple days we were like zombies lying on the couch under mountains of blankets. These pictures were taken on the first day of the blackout- before I lost the will to get off the couch and take pictures. See, campbell's still smiling. She was crying the next day.
emery still had her homework to do- she was just wearing a few more layers than normal.
we would have gone to a store or mall to get warm but they were without power too. Plus, I couldn't get the car out. All of our perishable food went into tupperware tubs and I put them out in the snow. So, when griffin wanted some yogurt I had to tromp outside to dig some out.
I was grateful to have an emergency kit with flashlights and fresh batteries as well as candles.
I am so so so glad that's over.
emery still had her homework to do- she was just wearing a few more layers than normal.
we would have gone to a store or mall to get warm but they were without power too. Plus, I couldn't get the car out. All of our perishable food went into tupperware tubs and I put them out in the snow. So, when griffin wanted some yogurt I had to tromp outside to dig some out.
I was grateful to have an emergency kit with flashlights and fresh batteries as well as candles.
I am so so so glad that's over.
4 comments:
Ours went out this last week for 8 hours and I about died. Can't imagine having to deal with it for a few days with all those kids!
oh wow, days?! that's horrid, especially with kids!
Do you have a fireplace? I can't imagine being without power for days. We lost our power for almost 24 hours once so I huddled us all around our gas fireplace. Soon it will be warm again, right?
That sounds horrible! Just reading about this makes me want to get under a blanket or go buy a propane heater...hmm.
Post a Comment