As a mom, I'm still struggling with the fact that kids are messy and most of the things they do are messy. I don't let my kids feed themselves until they can do an "appropriate" job of getting it in their mouths and not on the floor and their clothes. I cringe when I see messy crafts like painting. I hate that I sweep under the kitchen table for breakfast, lunch, dinner and their 2 snacks. So, needless to say, this painting project has been sitting in my craft box for over 2 years.
Here is griffin making a mess painting and eating. I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. He loved it. "I pain! I pain!"
Aughhhh! I almost died when I looked up to see emery pulling a Jackson Pollock. Literally. She'd read about him and wanted to flick and splatter paint like him.
I'm getting a lot better and have come up with the cleanest ways for them to make messes. Special painting shirts, lots of drip-catching paper under the project, a wipeable tablecloth and wood floors.
Here is griffin making a mess painting and eating. I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. He loved it. "I pain! I pain!"
Aughhhh! I almost died when I looked up to see emery pulling a Jackson Pollock. Literally. She'd read about him and wanted to flick and splatter paint like him.
I'm getting a lot better and have come up with the cleanest ways for them to make messes. Special painting shirts, lots of drip-catching paper under the project, a wipeable tablecloth and wood floors.
3 comments:
i totally agree. i avoid painting and glue projects, not to mention play dough and this other play dough-type thing that someone gave us for a birthday... it was awful, all over the place and so hard to clean. however, i am not as diligent as you are.... sweeping after every meal and snack??? i just don't have it in me. you are super mom!
Brave brave woman. :) And I concur, super mom Allie.
Wow, a Jackson Pollock in the family.
Enthusiasm and work -priceless.
Post a Comment