Monday, April 4, 2011

Never ever

I used to look back at pictures of myself when I was little or at other people's kids in hideous outfits with booger noses and crazy hair and think that would never be my kids.
As I've looked through my kids' pictures through the last few years it's slowly happening. The hair is getting more tangled and fly-away and the outfits are getting more interesting. And, let's face it... griffin's nose will never stop running until he's dead and I like him alive.
Excuses
#1 The girls' bedroom is downstairs in the basement. They dress themselves and I usually don't care enough to go change them. We homeschool and are supposed to be/look weird.
#2 Even if I do their hair really cute they've made it all fluffy and the barrettes have fallen out within an hour. So, whether I do it or not it looks the same.
#3 campbell chews on the necks of her shirts, absentmindedly snips holes in them while using scissors and her hair gets in her food when she eats.

Along with my other General Conference goals I'm adding the following...
1. make a concerted effort to walk all the way downstairs if the outfit is too awful for public viewing
2. Tie a comb to the belt loop of my jeans and comb their hair constantly
3. tie campbell up

Maybe now baby Brock #4 will stand a fighting chance of having a few decent pictures.

7 comments:

Neil Whiting said...

No tying Campbell up, she is way too precious.
They are just showing originality and their creative natures.
I love them

Melissa said...

LOL! I let Weston go out with backwards shirts now that he started dressing himself. I inform him its backward, but if he doesn't want to change it...oh well =)

The Fear Fam said...

I'll send you a few pictures of Natalie (very "artistic" clothing choices), Beatrice (mostly mis-matching, with rain boots and chewed on sleeves), Dexter (craziest hair of all time), and Calvin (runny nose, filthy face/hands/shirt, etc). Maybe it'll make you feel better! ;) Your kids are adorable no matter what they're wearing.

Todd and Meagan said...

This was so funny. I could not stop laughing!

Natalie said...

Oh my word...so funny, Allie!! I've never seen your kids messy, but it's normal if they ever are. I know what you mean about "I will never be that parent". It just creeps up on you.

Meaja said...

What I love is that your kids are very comfortable in their own skin. Whether momma approves of the clothing choices or not. ;)

Powers Fam said...

After reading this I promptly headed to the store to buy Julia new clothes, brushed her hair, and put bows in. ;) Too funny how easily we give in. It's all about choosing your battles, right?