Sunday, June 26, 2011

home with a name

quinn rebecca brock

 In true Spencer and Allie fashion we waited until 20 minutes before discharge to hand in our birth certificate form. It's a horrible technique. quinn was given my middle name.
 This is a glimpse of our first 2 days in the hospital. She would nurse and then sleep and then cry then nurse then cry then nurse then sleep then cry. She was never awake without crying or nursing. It was crazy and I was so worried about my future life with four kids.
 Then I washed her hair and she was all better. She loved the water and her little mop of hair will need lots of scrubbing.
 griffin came to visit and sent a lot of time fiddling with the breast pump. I'm super glad I never needed it because it would have been terrifying to see what settings he'd left it at.
 Hi buddy. I still love you.
 So, it makes me very very sad to think of all the family and friends who will not get to see quinn as a newborn. Here's lots of pictures from every angle to get a rough idea of my little girl.
 Her eyelashes curl up and to the sides- a new phenomenon and I'm curious what will happen to them later.

 She went under 7 lbs by the second day and barely squeaked up to 7 lbs 1 oz by the time we left.
 Sorry quinn but I thought I'd give a little glimpse of her back and shoulder fur. Not surprising I guess when you look at her daddy's arm wrapped around her.
 drowning in her new clothes


She's home now and is trying absorb the reality that she was born into a family with three other noisy kids running around. I'm so grateful that she has stopped crying everytime she's awake, that she eats well and has slept for fairly long stretches at night.

9 comments:

Alys said...

Congrats! Little Quinn is beautiful. We are the same way with names. In fact we took Ayla home and then Sean went back two days later to turn in the birth certificate paper. I personally think it is good to see the baby before picking a name.

Todd and Meagan said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

BusyMama said...

Congratulations! I love the name, I love that she was small, and I'm impressed with how amazing you look pre- and post-baby. Did Campbell never loose the baby fuzz? My boys were pretty hairy but they're relatively normal now. Thank goodness. :)

Jenny said...

quinn is beautiful and you look amazing. i'm so happy for you! if she has your middle name, will you dad refer to her only as rebecca? ;)

Morgan said...

congrats! she is beautiful and so are you!! seriously, you look amazing. can't wait to hear all about your life with 4 kids!!! i think i'm gonna have to wait until we leave nyc to make the jump to 4 kids... i think i would die. or go insane. one of those :)

Jessica said...

I love her name and her hair. What a lovely, lovely baby. Congratulations! And good luck with all those kids. I thought I broke my ankle the other day and my life on crutches, pregnant, with two small children flashed before my eyes. Seriously, without our health, we are nothing. :) Take care of yourself!

Natalie said...

Yay, pictures!! I've been wondering what my new little niece looks like. She is adorable and has that cute little Whiting nose. I wish I could see her in person. Sniff. Sniff. Good luck with the newborn stage. Just repeat "I will sleep again...I will sleep again".

Melissa said...

You both look beautiful!!!! Congrats! I miss you so much =(

Ashley C. said...

Okay, where have I been? I don't even know if I knew that you were pregnant. Did I? Anyways, congratulations! I was hoping to see a picture of you too, so I was glad you put one. You look great! I hope things are going well with 4 kids!