The kids and I went up to Butler's Orchard in Germantown, MD at the beginning of October. I can't tell you how excited I was for our day at this pumpkin patch- I knew it would be beautiful and I thought the kids would be in heaven.
We started in the huge barn filled with hay and haystacks. The kids went crazy.
griffin has a little straw down his pants.
still digging in his pants...
campbell's climbing one of the million play areas.
You can barely see emery almost running over the little boy at the bottom of the slide. I was actually surprised she went down at all. I went down with griffin (and quinn strapped to me) and was really scared. It's steep at the top!
racing rubber ducks with a water pump
There were 3 mazes at the farm- a corn maze, a baby haystack maze and a big kid haystack maze in this barn. I thought it looked dumb from the outside but it was really cool inside with tunnels to climb over and under.
griffin managed to find his way out and is headed back for another go.
griffin's dying of excitement to be pulled by a tractor.
headed out to the pumpkin patch
The woods were decorated with spooky things along the way
griffin was a hard-core pumpkin searcher. He dug them out of the leaves and moved other pumpkins to search for the very best.
I think this is pumpkin #5
emery said "I'm getting one with a green stem because that means it's not as dead!"
I'm glad I'm ducking for this pic. My pumpkin looks cooler from the other side because the stem curled. I was very picky and went to the far reaches of the pumpkin patch.
"campbell, crouch down by your pumpkin and look at me!" good enough...
We started in the huge barn filled with hay and haystacks. The kids went crazy.
griffin has a little straw down his pants.
still digging in his pants...
campbell's climbing one of the million play areas.
You can barely see emery almost running over the little boy at the bottom of the slide. I was actually surprised she went down at all. I went down with griffin (and quinn strapped to me) and was really scared. It's steep at the top!
racing rubber ducks with a water pump
There were 3 mazes at the farm- a corn maze, a baby haystack maze and a big kid haystack maze in this barn. I thought it looked dumb from the outside but it was really cool inside with tunnels to climb over and under.
griffin managed to find his way out and is headed back for another go.
griffin's dying of excitement to be pulled by a tractor.
headed out to the pumpkin patch
The woods were decorated with spooky things along the way
griffin was a hard-core pumpkin searcher. He dug them out of the leaves and moved other pumpkins to search for the very best.
I think this is pumpkin #5
emery said "I'm getting one with a green stem because that means it's not as dead!"
I'm glad I'm ducking for this pic. My pumpkin looks cooler from the other side because the stem curled. I was very picky and went to the far reaches of the pumpkin patch.
"campbell, crouch down by your pumpkin and look at me!" good enough...
We're waiting for the tractor to come back for us and griffin's huffing and puffing and finally drops his pumpkin on the ground and says "ooof... it's too heavy! So heavy mama! Peez hold my pumpkin!" I obliged because griffin gets whatever he wants when he smiles at me and says "peeeez!"
4 comments:
So cute and fun! And it was great to see a picture of you, Allie! You look fabulous as always! I wish that pumpkin patch could be magically transported out here. :-)
What a fun pumpkin patch! So much better to make a day out of it instead of picking one up at a grocery store. Love the picture of you and Quinn. You look gorgeous and now I'm tempted to get some bangs. ;)
Wow your pumpkin patch looks awesome and a bit more upscale than ours. I agree with your friends, you and your hair looks great!! And oh my the kids are sooo cute as ever. Miss you!
Wish I were there to enjoy the pumpkin patch with the kids. My favorite part of fall. They are growing so fast, especially Quinn.
Can't wait until Christmas.
Love, mom
Post a Comment