I brought our camera along on the latest trip into the District. I had to document little quinn's first stop at the White House! This trip I opted to carry quinn in the Bjorn and let the kids walk. There are pros and cons to each way I plan our trips- stroller/carrier/walkers- this plan was about 50 percent successful. The main drawback was that griffin is a s-l-o-w walker. He never complained about his legs hurting, but I suppose when you're not exerting them at all they tend to do just fine.
We've already seen most of the sights so we just walked (slowly) to our favorites.
emery and campbell get their own seats on the Metro.
griffin loves riding the choo-choo train. He totally conked out on the train ride home so I ended up carrying him and quinn to the car. That was fun.
In front of the White House beehive. We watched a schoolgroup going on a tour outside and they were all swatting at the bees.
We tried out the National Aquarium this visit and it was kind of not worth the money (under 20 dollars total... I know... I'm cheap) The kids loved it, of course, but they also love the free exhibits up the road. I chose this picture because griffin was super busy watching his back. He hated the sharks, octopus and snakes A LOT. I'd lift him up so he could see better and he pushed off the glass saying "I not like dat!!! I not like it!!"
In honor of my awesome husband, who served his mission in Chile, we went to the new Chilean miner exhibit. The Phoenix rescue capsule is there along with some amazing photos, letters, belongings and video footage.
Spencer met up with us for lunch at our fav restaurant.
Then we finished at the Natural History Museum. There is a beehive inside the museum with an entrance to the outside world for the bees to come and go. The hive and tubing to the outside is all clear so you can see everything that's going on. I watched them for about 20 minutes. Amazing- who thought of that.
Then I hauled the kids to the Metro so we could make it in time for the reduced fare. We made it with 3 minutes to spare. *pat myself on the back*
We've already seen most of the sights so we just walked (slowly) to our favorites.
emery and campbell get their own seats on the Metro.
griffin loves riding the choo-choo train. He totally conked out on the train ride home so I ended up carrying him and quinn to the car. That was fun.
In front of the White House beehive. We watched a schoolgroup going on a tour outside and they were all swatting at the bees.
We tried out the National Aquarium this visit and it was kind of not worth the money (under 20 dollars total... I know... I'm cheap) The kids loved it, of course, but they also love the free exhibits up the road. I chose this picture because griffin was super busy watching his back. He hated the sharks, octopus and snakes A LOT. I'd lift him up so he could see better and he pushed off the glass saying "I not like dat!!! I not like it!!"
In honor of my awesome husband, who served his mission in Chile, we went to the new Chilean miner exhibit. The Phoenix rescue capsule is there along with some amazing photos, letters, belongings and video footage.
Spencer met up with us for lunch at our fav restaurant.
Then we finished at the Natural History Museum. There is a beehive inside the museum with an entrance to the outside world for the bees to come and go. The hive and tubing to the outside is all clear so you can see everything that's going on. I watched them for about 20 minutes. Amazing- who thought of that.
Then I hauled the kids to the Metro so we could make it in time for the reduced fare. We made it with 3 minutes to spare. *pat myself on the back*
2 comments:
Wow, you are really brave Allie to take all four by yourself. My hat off to you. Looks like lots of fun and plenty to see. Quinn looks a little bigger. Make her stop growing!
Love you guys,
mom
You are super mommy! I love the way you are, so honest about you. Keep enjoying the East coast for us! Your children are so cute.
Post a Comment