Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Happy Halloween! We had a really great day. Our friends had us over for dinner and trick-or-treating. Then we came home, visited our closest neighbors and handed out candy to our 1 trick-or-treater. Yeah, I have mucho candy at my house.
On a side note, I have a lot of kids... look at that picture... they're all mine... "1, 2, 3, 4", That's what I do all day long as we're running errands or outside. Count the kids. It would be tragic to misplace one of them.
 emery was an Indian. She wore an outfit and some bracelets we picked up in India. She revised it to "Indian Princess" later because that's what people kept guessing.
 campbell went through 3 costume changes and ended up as a highly-accessorized mermaid.
 griffin was a "candy monster".
 Roaring for candy.
You'll see this same little boy wearing the same costume next year because I bought him the next size up. ha-ha. If I got a new costume for each kid each year that's like a million costumes by the time they're grown.
 quinn the chicky. She was a warm, happy little baby the whole night. Love this girl.
 and I love her big sister who helps me out SO much around the house and with the baby.

 Our kids don't dump thier candy out and sort it like every other kid in the world. They scrounge around in their bags to see what they have. They don't want to take the chance that Spencer or I will see something delicious and swipe it.

griffin opened about 100 packs of candy and would lick or taste each one and then say "I not like it- here you have it". After 100 licks/tastes he was rolling on the floor groaning and my counter was covered in opened skittles bags and lollypops.

Does anyone else give their kids "candy rules" for trick-or-treating? I want to increase my odds of getting a Butterfinger or Reese's cup so I set rules for the girls. "No lollypops" is the first rule. emery was so upset because at one house they dumped a handful of candy into her bag and it included a lollypop. I let it slide that time. They also know what Spencer and my favorite candies look like in case they come across it. Is that sad? I am a grown up... I could just go to the store and pay a buck for what I want.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

wyatt wouldn't let us help him hold his bucket all night, and it got pretty heavy for an almost three year old. one house handed out a twinkie AND a hostess cupcake. and offered the adults one. honestly! he dumped it out when he got home and just lay there on the floor staring at it all. and yeah, we've had to hide it or else he'd have it all gone by now. the kid is a candy freak.

and as always, your kids. just gorgeous, all of them!

Neil Whiting said...

I love the little baby chick - darling.
Cute costumes for all the kids.
And Emery is a special helper.
love them,

Anonymous said...

Again, laughing at your last comment.