Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas

 Santa missed quinny this year so she was on the prowl for something to play with. She got pretty good at army crawling and heaving herself forward to get anything she spied.



 emery and campbell's stockings had a bunch of craft stuff in it. I figured that it was best to get as many "use and toss" items as possible so we weren't hauling tons of stuff home with us on the airplane.

 quinn swiped one of grant's toys
 emery has been busy making Christmas presents since the middle of the summer. She had a long list of people and little by little she crossed everyone off. This is a picture of a fawn and her mommy. She also made some little toys, sewn books, potholders, and rugs. My favorite was a tiny pillow she made for Robert with an "R" embroidered on the front. It'll look great in their new home!
 em wanted a new jump rope and was very excited to open it up.
 campbell is no fool and was not pleased at all with this school book she opened. I supposed we shouldn't have called it a "school book".
 griffin has wanted this "snapper" for months and months. It ended up being worth the wait and he loves snapping things around the house... toys, wrapping paper, his sisters...



 Mom and Dad's gift to Spencer was to frame his diplomas so they're all ready to hang in his office. I'll post both pics since he worked hard for these things. One of Dad's many talents is matting pictures. He has all the tools and did such an awesome job!
Thank you to mom and dad for always making us all feel so welcome and wanted every year for Christmas. We all descend on the home with our families and stash out kids in every closet/nook/cranny of the house. It seems like at least one member of my family is in every room upstairs.  It is so much fun and makes Christmas time my favorite.

I am also grateful for my children who are a lot better than I was when I was little. I remember pouting the whole day when I thought I wasn't going to get my CD player I so desperately wanted. You know... like Christmas is about getting everything on my list. So embarrassing- and it was all caught on tape.

Anyway, the kids were as excited about the little dollar section items as they were with the thoughtful gifts given by grandma/grandpa/aunts/uncles. It makes me happy to see they recognize their blessings.
We are especially thankful to know of Christ's birth and sacrifice so we can live with Him and our families again.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lori Whiting said...

Fun to see all the pictures and remember all the fun memories of having family together for Christmas. You take great pictures Allie and really capture the expressions. Love the one of Campbell with the not so desired school book! Miss you guys.
Love, mom

Alys said...

I would have never guessed that your dad had a talent for matting pictures. It was fun to see you and Quinn at Target.