Wednesday, January 25, 2012

party #3

 griffin's last party was on his actual birthday. He woke up to the crepe paper and balloon decorations we put up before each of the kids' birthdays. Very exciting for them. Every morning he goes straight for the fridge and gets a go-gurt or applesauce and brings it to me in bed so he ran right by the presents we'd set out for him.
He got the cutest little wooden rocking horse and some Cars slippers. Both were a success.
That night we had a family we love from church over for dinner and cupcakes.
 I just love this little guy so much. He's very "verbally loving" (is that an actual thing?). He comes up to me all the time and says "mommy- you da best mommy in da whole world!" and after his first bite of dinner he stops to say "tank you mommy for dis food! It's soooo good!"  He also thanks me for every little thing I do. When I get him dressed, when I let him have a string cheese, when I change his diaper, help him out of the car, get his shoes for him, take him to nursery, etc... It makes me so happy and is such a nice thing to hear.

He likes to be in the kitchen with me so it's become a battle between campbell and griffin at the counter. I sit one on each side of the mixer and they have to take turns. I can't figure out what he's doing in that picture. It looks like something is raising in the mixer... maybe cinnamon rolls?
griffin also loves to help out. He races around the house getting the little cans to help Spencer gather the garbage together. He likes to swiffer, haul laundry up or downstairs, do yard work and wipe off the couches and kitchen table.

These last couple weeks he has been potty training- or as I say "being a big boy" to make it more appealing. He has done great and has only had two accidents so far (LOVE the wood floors for potty training). Seeing him run up and down the hall in his little underwear never ceases to make me laugh. He has Cars underwear and when he puts them on in the morning he says "I not peepee on you Mater!"

griffin says such nice things to me that it's hard to get mad at him too often. He can be a stinker and the most annoying time is usually when he first gets up from a nap and tells me a thousand times that he's hungry but doesn't have a clue what he wants. All the while talking in a little high-pitched whiny voice.

The other funny thing is when I'm trying to teach him things. I started with shapes and colors, but I think he's color blind or something because he hasn't "graduated" past that. The only colors he consistently gets right are black, white and blue (but that could be because he says everything is blue). Oh well- he's got a couple more years to master the skill.

Love ya so much little griff!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

So many parties ... holy moly! You guys look like you are having so much fun way out wherever you are. Do you think you guys might ever move back out to CA? ... Just curious. Anywho, your family is adorable. Take care!

Lori Whiting said...

How funny, it is the birthday that keeps going! Adorable dump/scooper cake. Glad it made Griffy happy. He is such a sweet boy.
Happy birthday we love you.
Grandma/mom

Natalie said...

You are too hard on yourself. That cake is very cool. Happy birthday, Griffin!