Thursday, January 24, 2013

first day of public school

emery and campbell started public school at the end of December so here are their very first "first day of school" pictures.
 They've found a lot of pros and a couple cons with their new lives. It's a long day for them and they're learning how school works and what's expected of them.

emery does everything perfectly and wants to please her teacher 100%. She's responsible and makes good choices. She's trying hard to break into some of the little cliques of friends. Some days she's successful and other days she comes home frustrated.

campbell thinks it's like a really long playdate. She loves lunch, recess and the other kids. She was opting out of the activities that didn't interest her and somehow she lost her homework folder within 2 weeks of starting school. She's very smart and has an amazing memory.
Example:  One day I was giving her a practice spelling test and she wasn't really listening to me at all. I was reading off the words in a different order to trick her. She was writing the list of words from memory in the correct order. The little stinker.

 emery had an "elegant poetry recital" on her 4th day of school. She did really well.
She's a lot shorter than everyone else in class. She never really noticed before, but now she asks questions about her height. The pediatrician brought it up as well and did blood tests and a bone scan but they all came back normal. She's my good thing in a small package.
 So, here are the last few pictures I have of them doing their homeschool work and their reading.




I love to watch them grow and learn in a new environment.
I miss having them around all day.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So glad to hear that they are enjoying the new school. Those teachers are lucky to have your girls!