Sunday, July 28, 2013

the painter

We gave our painter quite a list of things to do. Finally, I made a short list of things he was not going to do... it was easier that way. He did not paint inside the kids' bathrooms and did not paint the cupboards. That was my job.
Here's the living room dining room area with the old paint.
 Lots of tarps and tape everywhere

 We painted the walls and ceiling the same color and I love it. Thanks to Annie for helping me so much with paint ideas. We still have hardly any lighting in some of the rooms so you'll have to imagine the colors... or come see us in person!!!
 Master bedroom and looking into master bath
 Griffin's old paint color was mint green
 New paint. All the little blue tape pieces are markers for the painter's last day of touch up. Whenever the lighting changed in the house I'd find new things to mark. He loves me. Doesn't dad's crown molding look awesome?!
 The painter's mess pile is getting smaller... he's' almost done!
 Dining room. The wall on the right was the old red wall.
 I'm glad I wasn't here while he was painting that beam.
Quinn's old paint color
 Quinn's crown molding and casing got sprayed
 I LOVE the girls' rooms. They're both the same color since the rooms are side by side and I love the color so much. I toyed with using a different color in each room but couldn't find a less-favorite child to give the less-favorite color to.
Dad's crown molding and he installed the fans- which I also love. I should have taken a closer picture of the motor part- it's so pretty. 
 emery and Campbell's room with sprayed crown and casing
 emery and Campbell's room with finished painting. love love love
 griffin was helping out this trip. The painter gave him a stir stick which kept him busy for a while.
 Walls, ceiling and beam done
 
Finishing up the front of the front door. It was green.
Old red wall
Wall all gone. The red and orange walls took 3 coats of paint.
 Last view of orange family room walls
 
I couldn't wait for the painting to be done. It feels so much more like our house with all the random colors gone. Yay! We were not done yet... more posts to follow!
Little buddy fell asleep after dinner with his paint stick still in his grasp.

4 comments:

Lori Whiting said...

Wow, love to see the before and after pictures. So fun to follow the progress. You guys have a great house.
Love, mom

Tim and Annie said...

Wow!!! Huge difference. I love it. And now I want to paint em's room like your girls'. Sooo pretty. Love the freshly painted white beams against the new paint and I think I might go talk my dad into giving me some crown moulding...keep the pics coming!

John and Morgan said...

It's crazy what a difference the molding and paint have made. I love the colors you picked out and also love little Griff sleeping with his paint stick. Can't wait to see it in person.

Jessica said...

I love the paint in the girls room, too. Everything looks so fresh and clean!