Griffin and his friend at lunch. I'm glad to see he at least has a banana in his lunch. Sometimes he packs his lunch and I don't have a chance to check it and I just hope it's not full of Halloween candy.
Little smartie-pants Campbell figured out how to make "Leonardo's Bridge" without any instructions. I didn't even know what Leonardo's Bridge was... The STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art and Math) team took a video and picture of her for their website. I was not invited to help in the science and math room... they stuck me in the art room- with the baby origami.
emery and I have begun the journey of finding an orthodontist and figuring out a plan for her teeth. Not as easy as I thought it would be. No one seems to know what to do with her teeth. She has a wisdom tooth juxtaposed with a 12 year molar, a severe overbite, 2 lower permanent teeth that won't come in and an upper canine that is aiming to come into the roof of her mouth. We've been to the oral surgeon about 3 of those issues and 2 different orthodontists and all 3 plans are totally different. She's DYING to get braces on ASAP so if anyone mentions waiting for a few months they get the stink-eye.
Quinny's kindergarten class went to the pumpkin farm and learned about growing pumpkins, milking cows, grinding corn and then picked little pumpkins at the end.
She looks real cute but her teacher sure seems exasperated at the end of the school day...
Campbell came home the second week of school and informed me she was going to run for president of her school. OK. First she had to get selected by her 5th grade class so we got her speech ready to go...This was her campaign so I let her write whatever she wanted! The class voted for her to be their candidate and then, for the final election, she ran against the 3 other candidates from the other 5th grade classes. AND she won the final election!!! It was so exciting. They read the results during the morning announcements at drop-off so I got to be with her when her name was called. She was so happy, I was crying and everyone was cheering for her.
This was my favorite of her signs. The picture of the can says "Campbell's soup-er"
We brought some balloons to school at pick-up to celebrate her win.
Quinn takes homework very seriously
Volunteering for 3 different classrooms at the school for hours each week sometimes tests my limited abilities. I get to-do lists like this and sometimes I want to burn them.
We went to mom and dad's for General Conference weekend. Mom made THE BEST cinnamon rolls I've ever had.
Even Dino was watching conference with his weapons at the ready.
General Conference snuggles.
It's nice to have a LEGO helper who is willing to lay under the bucket and find the pieces you need.
Quinny was star student about 3 weeks into school. Which is good because I think she would have died if she had to wait any longer.
I was so excited that emery wanted to try out for her school soccer team. She had to go to a bunch of practices and then found out she'd made the team! It was a great experience and I am so proud of her for trying new things!
A blurry shot of emery in the black outfit and red socks
Quinny got to bring home Kenny the bear when she was star student. She was supposed to bring Kenny wherever she went that weekend but Kenny mostly got left at home. We had a busy weekend doing woodwork on the outside of the house (as you can see in the column behind quinn). So, We had to take a quick picture of Kenny and quinn before we returned him back to school.
And this is why quinn wanted desperately to be star student. She got to decide when her classmates were allowed to go into the pod to hang up their backpacks. She lifted her arm up and down to indicate whether they could go or not. She was positively gleeful about that small amount of power.


2 comments:
i cannot imagine that Quinn's teacher is ever exasperated
congratulations to all the kids
yes, Quinnie does like a little power! So happy to see everyone so involved but it is exhausting for their mom!!
Love you guys.
Post a Comment