Sunday, September 3, 2017

beginning of summer

Griffin coming back with a load of recycling. He collected cans and bottles this summer to raise money for cub scout camp.
He also had surgery to remove an impacted extra front tooth. I took a bunch of pictures and videos after the valium took effect.
He laid around watching movies and eating popsicles most of the first day but then...
He was done being lazy.
Here he is on the last day of scout camp! He had a really great time but I missed him! He was gone all day long!
Our first time going to the temple with emery babysitting. We're able to go every month now and it feels so good. Except the temple is closing in February for a really long time. That doesn't feel good.
I cut half of Griffin's head and then told him my arm was tired and I was done for the day.
4th of July fireworks show!!!
The city puts on an amazing show every year at the high school right by our house.

Campbell had her annual eye exam. She was so nice and picked out a prize for each of her siblings and now they all want eye exams cuz they saw what great prizes this eye doctor has.

The cub scouts leaders really went above and beyond this summer with weekly 3 hour pack meetings to focus on the science and NOVA awards for the boys. This acitivity was focused on rockets.
You're looking at the face of a child who wanders...
At Six Flags my friend brought a sharpie along to help protect quinn from herself.

I did so well the first go-round on this water ride but then I chanced it again and went straight under a waterfall.
Then, after getting off the ride my friend and I were watching the next group of people go down the hill and didn't read the signs or realize we were in the "splash zone" and a huge wave of water drowned us. We were squelching around for the rest of the day. Leaving an actual trail of water and drips behind us.


Summer with good friends!!!
Quinny fell down some stairs after church one day. She is well known around our ward for tightrope walking along the tops of the cinderblock walls.
Emery and her 2 best friends got straight A's again this year. I am thankful every day she found these 2 girls- they are all so sweet.

1 comment:

Neil Whiting said...

I think Griffin better check how tired his barber is before he allows the start of a haircut.

Poor Quinny, the indignity of having a phone number written on your arm and then a red skinned nose too.

Congratulations for the great grades
love