Sunday, July 8, 2018

Easter in a hotel

I packed all the kids' Easter basket stuff in Spencer's suitcase as well as eggs and candy to fill them. So, Easter Eve Spencer and I took all the loot into the hotel gym and filled all the eggs and baskets up. We were praying that all the kids in the whole hotel were asleep and that we wouldn't traumatize any little kid who saw us doing the Easter Bunny's job.
 Then we hid the baskets as best we could and went to bed.

 Usually there's one kid who can't find their basket and then they're ready to cry and I wonder why we hide the baskets every year in some weird cruel tradition. This year was no different...come on!!! There's not that many places to hide things in a hotel room!




  I got them mostly candy so we wouldn't be hauling everything back home. It kept them busy on the drive to Kirtland.
   Once in Kirtland we hid the eggs in the lawn between 2 hotels and had what we think will be one of the more memorable egg hunts of their childhood.
 Running around by a freeway in the cold

I love my kids and knew whatever Easter brought them this year they would be happy and enthusiastic and grateful.

2 comments:

Neil Whiting said...

Happy Easter
What a great place to celebrate

Lori Whiting said...

Thats memorable having an egg hunt in a hotel room!!