Spencer started walking to the farm with some of the kids and I went over to the visitor's center just to try the door and see if it was open.
As I walked up to the door I could see a senior missionary standing there with the scriptures in his hand smiling and waiting for me to come on in.
They were 100% open for business and they'd been watching us from the time we pulled into the parking lot. hahaha
We were this couple's very first tour ever at the farmhouse and his wife followed us around filming him as he taught us about Joseph Smith's time at the Whitmer Farm. It was so special and I am very glad we didn't just walk away--- what if we'd just U-turned and high-tailed it out of there while they watched us out the window???!!!
The site of the first General Conference (and also the General Conference broadcast by President Kimball in 1980)
We ate lunch in Ithaca by Cornell University
Then we drove south to Harmony Pennsylvania while listening to General Conference.
The banks of the Susquehanna River are where Joseph Smith was baptized and received the Priesthood ordinances that had been taken from the earth.
Quinn leading the way to a place she's never been before
Quinn trying to heft the box containing the Golden Plates. I would love it so much if one day we find out the Golden Plates are actually in this box.
After our tour of the Hale Family house and Joseph and Emma's house we were able to watch the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference with the missionaries.
Another evening... another pool. The kids had no problem falling asleep each night.


















No comments:
Post a Comment