Monday, July 9, 2018

Kirtland

 We started our day in Kirtland at the church visitor's center which is beautiful and then took a tour to the ashery, sawmill, Whitney home (adorable), Newel K. Whitney store and the schoolhouse.
 The kids learned how to get some quality ash and what to use it for.
 


 Whitney home
 Griffin was missing school and made his way to the schoolhouse. It was locked but a nice Elder saw us trying to open the door so he got the keys and gave us a tour and lesson.
 
 I love this picture- It looks like they're standing in front of a backdrop. So, apparently the temple (which isn't owned by our church) isn't open everyday for tours... I missed that memo. We walked around the grounds and Spencer lifted the kids up one by one so they could see through the windows. The cleaning crew will wonder why there is a faceprint on the window because emery almost went through the glass when Spencer lifted her up.


 


Next stop was Morgan's house!

1 comment:

Neil Whiting said...

I agree that is a beautiful backdrop