On Saturday Spencer, the girls and I went to the Discovery museum and bought a family season pass. Here's what we did that day...
campbell wouldn't pose on the firetruck. She's kicking and throwing a fit out of the camera range. The first part of the museum has lots of vehicles to climb on and a real intersection with streetlights.

This thing was my favorite. I was utterly enthralled with the way the balls stayed in the air. You take one and throw it at the stream of air coming up out of the pipe and it would float there forever. Then you could throw more and more into the stream and they'd all float in a line... amazing!

Next we went to the bubble area in the basement.


Campbell didn't want her hands too soapy and discovered the paper towels on one of the walls. So, she'd touch the water, make this face, and run to the paper towels to clean off. Fun game.

emery is trying to pop the huge bubble in front of her.

This contraption is a big funnel you can throw balls into and they will spiral down into the collection area. campbell went crazy when she saw the spinning balls and the unlimited supply to throw. She looks a little mad that I stopped her for a picture.

Spencer and I sat and watched them play at this sand table for as long as we could stand it. We tried to make predictions of how long they would have stayed if we hadn't said a word. It looked like we'd have to die of boredom/hunger before they'd think they were done.

emery chose the skunk vest to wear in the little critter area. She's showing off her tail below.

There are a lot more sections that we didn't get to. There's a water play area and other science-y stuff. The girls also made corn-husk dolls which turned out really cute. So, we're happy we have a season pass and will enjoy the air-conditioning this summer.
4 comments:
I miss the museum. Our membership is up in June. I'm hoping we will get to go again sometime. Julia loved climbing in all the vehicles. Be sure to take a change of clothes for the water area. :)
These are so cute! It looks like the Exploratorium in San Fran. Hey, that sand table looks very interesting :) Can't wait to see you this weekend!
I want to go it looks like fun! I love all the cute pictures of the girls! See you soon! yay!!
Looks like lots of fun. Katie said Spencer is just making his girls smarter. Love you
Mom
Post a Comment