Monday, May 26, 2008

Santa Cruz beach

The girls loved playing in the sand- of course. After a little while it started to get cold so campbell laid down on the warm sand on her tummy and smashed her face into the sand (like an ostrich). She had a runny nose, so the combination of boogers and sand made her look a little scary.

awwww... so cute
Spencer and I left (ditched) the girls with mom and Katie to walk down to the "cement boat". You can't see it in the picture but it's a tradition to walk there each year. Can you tell we were the early-birds at the beach that morning?
Here's a progression of campbell getting dirty. I said to mom "campbell's going to be so dirty" and campbell heard me and said "dirty, dirty" and put sand on herself.

2 comments:

Neil Whiting said...

They were so cute in camp. I don't think Campbell needs anyone to find food for her.
It was nice to have a chauffer to accompany us to the bathroom.
They were very good -- and of course the cutest kids at New Brighton.

Lori Whiting said...

yes, Katie and I got ditched but at least we had the cutest kids on the beach to babysit. As you can see, my legs needed a little tanning anyway.
Campbell looked like groucho Marks with the sand stuck to all her snot
Love, mom