Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm a cooker, not a baker

I'm so glad my grandma doesn't have a computer because she'd be appalled if she saw what a mess I made of her caramel cookies. What happened? I showed this sheet to the girls and pointed to one blob and said "look, here's a reindeer... oh! and look, here's a snowman!" They wrinkled their noses and informed me I had not done a very good job cutting out the cookies. Spencer did not even eat one of them--- not one.
The dough all ready to be rolled out and cut into festive holiday shapes. I just took a knife and sliced the chunks and threw them on a sheet. Can you believe I even bothered to try to cook this stuff? So, if anyone from my ward is wondering why I never showed up with my cookie exchange cookies- here's my excuse.
My sister Morgan is a baker. She made sugar cookies with campbell over Christmas.
campbell's up for anything in the kitchen. She'll pull up a chair even if I'm cutting coupons at the counter.
My mom is a baker and cooker. She can also make killer candies. Spencer's taste-testing a batch of English Toffee.
Just so you don't feel too bad for my little family... I do love to cook (and eat) so we don't starve.

6 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

That is so funny!

Neil Whiting said...

Maybe the mommie (cooker) has more distractions than are compatible with getting all the ingredients into the cookie.
They do look interesting. I love the big eyed picture of Campbell below.
And Griffin needed a little treat at Costco after all the hard shopping.

Lori Whiting said...

Oh my! Grandma Lois would be disappointed to see her carmel cookies. I remember one year the cookies turned out but I really messed up the frosting. They are tempermental little buggers.
Love the look on Campbells face to see she finally had a present.
We had really fun times.
Mom

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

at least you tried, my idea of homemade cookies is the day old ones (they are cheaper) at Cookie Connection!

Jessica said...

Ugh! I hate when the stuff I cook doesn't turn out!

Robert and Katie said...

Good thing I read the comments or I would never have known about Annie's secret. Too bad we don't live by one or I would be hitting it up everyday! Sorry about your cookies! Can't say I blame spencer though... just saying