
I had to find my way to the train because I did not want to take the route Google told me to take. I wrote down some basic instructions (South at bend with big building on right...) to find a shortcut and set off with
griffy. First we passed some cows and a bird hitching a ride.

Then I made a U-turn and found the path- I was excited because it looked pretty harmless and I thought I could find the rest of the way easily.

Passed by a bird and took a picture for dad. Maybe these birds are also in the USA. I have no idea.

Made a left turn and am happy to be on paved road again. I notice I'm entering an area where people live.

We see lots and lots of pigs rooting through garbage. Also dogs and roosters.

and some baby pigs. These pictures are for emery and
campbell. Aren't they cute?

I found the train but haven't figured out how to cross the busy road yet. I'm not brave enough to just hope and pray they'll stop for me. These Indians have guts to step out in front of cars. On my way back I took a picture outside a lady's house (her house is the sheets on the left and she's sitting out in her yard which is on the right of the picture.
Here's the nice lady and the baby she was holding. We made hand motions because she knows no English and I know no Hindi. She was very nice and I am glad I could walk around in their neighborhood and spend time with the children and people. The children are precious and so inquisitive.
I would never have found my way without saying "train?" to 20 people and having them point me (or offer to take me) in the right direction. My feet hurt and I need to go buy some sunglasses.
7 comments:
It's just like amazing race =) You look like such a world traveler in your pictures! Glad you guys are having fun...you are definitely getting a workout "wearing" Griffy.
Thanks for the bird pictures. The bird on the cow is a cattle egret. The striped bird appears to be a green heron.
Wonderful pictures of the people.
Love dad
So cool Allie! You're seeing parts of India the TRAIN doesn't see! Keep taking pictures of the people, kids....so precious!
These posts are so amazing. It is so interesting to see how other people live and it sure makes me thankful. You are a brave woman! I was confused when you said that the girls are staying with Spencer and your parents. Are you staying longer than Spencer? Keep the posts coming! Take a picture of the food too! :)
What a cool opportunity. I hope you continue to have a lot of fun and that you are safe.
The girls are staying at my parents' house- I just have poor grammar and tried to say they were going to spend some time at both their grandparents' homes. Spencer will be in India for another week once I leave.
Hey, while you are there...see if you can earn a MD degree :) We get a lot of good doctors from India here.
Make sure Spencer gets some good experience finding his way around and asking directions...I have a feeling he may need those skills in his life ;)
Post a Comment