Tuesday, March 2, 2010

driving and surviving

Driving around was always very entertaining. Not only did I stay alert watching and waiting for imminent death, but the sights out the window were equally eye-opening. These little shops are all over the place. Even scattered through the little slum villages.
This would SO be me if I was a little Indian woman. Under a tarp trying to stay cool. I thought she was so cute.
When we got close to Charminar we got caught in a traffic/human jam. Once the traffic slows down and gets crowded then the people cross the street in droves winding around amongst the cars. These little auto rickshaws were crazy. They drive around like lunatics and don't even have lights for the night time. The only warning they give you is a little "squeak" of the squeezie horn stuck to the side. The steering wheel looks like bike handles.

I was hoping to stop the cab and grab Aunt Lana's souvenir from this fellow but the opportunity passed me by. Nuts.

1 comment:

Dallas and Kirsten said...

Love the pictures! What a fun adventure! And I love your positive outlook on everything. Just as I remember you being :)