Our hotel was right by the National Mall which was nice for the kids. Even still, we did a lot of walking. The girls could barely make it back to the hotel by the end of the day. I switched between carrying griffin in the Ergo and pushing the stroller. I liked the Ergo better because then I didn't have to hunt for elevators and ramps everywhere.
Campbell liked to stop at every drinking fountain. She'd say "I need some more Washington DC water!!" Then, as you can guess... we also stopped at a lot of bathrooms. My favorite was when we were walking by the Holocaust Museum and she started doing the potty dance. So, I had to brave some dirty looks and haul 3 kids into the Museum looking for a potty. FYI... when you enter (through very very tight security) turn right, go down the elevator, turn right again and go down the hallway. Not very kid friendly.
campbell really wanted to go to the top of the Washington Monument. It was not my favorite place- I had griffin on my back (no strollers allowed) and felt a little woosy up that high. The girls loved it and found the temple off to the north.
We walked from the Washington Monument to the WWII Memorial and I took some pictures of a typical posing session for the girls.
I am so glad I brought the girls tennis shoes. It would have been miserable on their little feet if they'd been in their flip flops and sandles. I'm so proud of the kids for humoring me and finding fun things to do no matter where we were.
3 comments:
Griffy looks like ET in that long sweat shirt, when they had that ghost comstume on him.
I bet the kids are having a blast seeing the sights of DC
Miss you guys.
Love, mom
looks like you guys are enjoying your big move! How exciting, can't wait to see what you guys do next.
i'm happy to hear you're all settled in and doing well...i will really miss seeing the kids faces staring through the bars of the fence as they wait for someone to come play! knowing you, you'll fill the next two years with some amazing experiences. i hear that you ended up in the same ward as the merrils the zeuhls?
Post a Comment