After the WWII Memorial the girls tromped down the entire reflecting pool. They didn't want to take the nice, wide, safe road... nooooo they had to walk on the tiny path right by the pool. This pool is undergoing a reconstruction soon and it'll probably continue for 2 years. They want to cycle water through to keep it clearer and redo the pathway. It won't be nearly as nice during construction so I'm glad we made it in time.
Then, I asked if they wanted to look at the Lincoln Memorial from the outside. No. They ran up all the steps.
emery took this. The only pic I have of myself in DC.
And, lastly we walked by the WWI and Vietnam Memorials. I think that's it for the first day. Without pictures it's hard to remember...
3 comments:
What fun adventures! Griffin is quite the well travelled little man. :)
These pictures make me tired! I think you guys have seen everything, so you can come home now.
How cool!! And now we also are closer to each other. Only 9 hours by plane to NYC from Helsinki. Congratulation to Spencer for his new job training and congratulations for your new home in D.C. I really liked your pictures, reminded of Forest Gump movie;)
Post a Comment