Thursday, October 14, 2010

we're in DC now!

Spencer applied for and was accepted to a great 2 year program with his company so we packed up and moved to DC. The kids said they want to live in DC because of the snow... I'm not sure they grasped the concept of what it meant to move across the country.
 moving day was very exciting for everyone.
 Within a couple hours everything was boxed up and waiting to be loaded.
 These guys were efficient and very liberal with the packing and wrapping paper. Thank heavens they unpacked our junk because it would have taken forever to get through all that packaging.
 This was a little hard to watch. Gunning the engine to haul this big car up that little ramp. I thoroughly checked the car once it arrived in DC and there's not a single scratch or scuff.
 Two very tired little girls crashed at the hotel that evening...
and one little baby sleeping for the first time in a crib. The girls thought it was so funny griffin was in "jail".

8 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

How exciting! I am only like 9 hours from you now instead of like 30+. :) Some of the D.C. Airforce bases are at the top of our list. Who knows, maybe we'll be even closer in the next 9 months.

Melissa said...

Aw, so cute! I love Emery's mask =) I guess thats your new car too?! We are so happy for you guys...sad that we won't see you, but happy for you!!! Maybe we'll get to see you while you are out there!

hilary said...

How exciting! I'm with Melissa, sad you guys aren't here any more but excited for your new adventure!

Alys said...

Sad you are gone, but you are going to have such a fun adventure over there. And, I am sure your families will take trips out to visit you.

Morgan said...

so cool you are out here on the east coast! my sis is in dc too! if you ever want to take a little trip to nyc, you are always more than welcome to stay at our house. really. it's a full house with all the kids, we did it with whit and her kids, but they all had a blast.

BusyMama said...

So cool! We would love to come see you. You're just about 3 hours from us and DC is one of the closest temples.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you have internet again! You dropped off the earth for a little while there. Thanks for all the posts and pictures. Keep us updated with your life!!

Ashley C. said...

I could tell from what you wrote in some of your newer posts that you weren't in California anymore, so I went back until I found out where you were. I guess it's been a while since I've checked your blog! It sounds like a great opportunity for Spencer and for all of you. I hope you survive the cold okay! I still have yet to make it to the East coast. It looks like you're taking advantage of the time there to see all the sights!