Monday, September 26, 2011

cooling off

 I was so happy to find some fall-ish weather when we got back to DC. I promptly went through all the kids' clothes, put away their summer clothes and got out the warmer clothes. I love spring and fall for that reason. I get tired of seeing my kids in the same thing everyday. It's warmed up a little since then but I don't care. I'm not getting the shorts back out.
 There used to be a berry bush behind griffin. After being stripped of it's berries it's now just a normal bush. My kids make lots of "salads" out of our backyard plants so anything interesting in our yard gets snagged.
 The owner of this house came over to plant a crepe myrtle yesterday and the kids kept running up to it and "admiring" the flowers. I had to take them each aside and explicitly state that they could NOT pick all the little flowers off while the landlord was standing right there. I'm sure it'll be bald by tonight.


My sweet little baby in emery's arms. She just turned 3 months and is fitting easily into all her 3-6 month clothes. She doesn't do any tricks like rolling. On Saturday she gave us her first little giggle and has been smiling for a few weeks now. She's like a bucking bronco when she eats and is constantly kicking herself off my lap. Super fun. Then she gets mad like I'm the one who threw her onto the couch.

No comments: