***bad foot picture warning
2 days after I finished radiation treatment we flew to CA to begin house hunting for something in the SF Bay Area. Spencer and I will go back to Maryland in a few days to watch the movers pack up our stuff and then finish cleaning the house. Then we'll be done on the east coast. We'll miss it a lot.
While I'm back in MD I'll have a wound check and get the recommendations for a Dr out in CA. Every 3 months I'll have scans done as my follow-up care. So, I need to choose a sarcoma clinic out in CA to order and read the scans. I can choose from Stanford, UCSF or UC Davis. Each "follow-up exam" will consist of at least 2 different scans of the ankle to check for recurrence and a CT scan of the chest/abdomen/pelvis to check for metastasis. The scans will be every 3 months for a while, then every 6 months and then every year.
I'm grateful to be through the radiation treatments and am very hopeful that I can work on my ankle and make it work again.
Almost the worst picture I have. This was about a week before I finished treatment.Taken today. It is all dried up and not stinky and rotten anymore. The skin peels off in big dry sheets and it's rather enjoyable if you're into that sort of thing. The inside of my ankle is still stiff and sore. I can walk but don't like to stand in one place. It's getting a lot better each day.
Post-surgery scar (no radiation yet)
This photo is so funny. It was taken a few weeks after my surgery. Mom and I sat at my computer and stared at this photo trying to figure out if it was too graphic to post on the blog. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.


2 comments:
I can't even imagine how bad that hurt. I'm so glad that it is healing. House hunting back in the Bay! I miss the Bay Area for shopping and all the artsy stuff but we certainly do not miss the traffic-especially Cliff. Good luck with house hunting!
Your last line made me laugh. You're great. Let us know if you end up close to us. We'd love to see you guys again and catch up. Hugs!
Post a Comment