Friday, July 28, 2017

Spring

 I can't tell you how excited emery was to get braces! She had a countdown chain for over 2 months before the BIG DAY. She started out with braces on only the top with springs and stuff to try to create some more space for a couple of her teeth that are having trouble behaving themselves.
 She's so cute!


 Emery ran straight to the mirror to check out her new, much-anticipated smile
 I love this picture!
 I was stationed at the 2nd relay station at one of the kids' track meets so I got to hang out with whichever kids were the 2nd or 3rd runner in the different relays. Griffin's relay team even made it to sectionals! I was very official and powerful... There were different flags to raise signaling to the officials whether you were setting up, ready, had a disqualification etc... and I even got to yell at a family of dum-dums excited spectators who set up their chairs right in lane 9.
 Our stake held a Feeding Children Everywhere event Friday and Saturday so emery invited a couple friends to help package meals. We got there early so the event managers put those 3 and me in charge of 4 different tables of volunteers. We had to go through some quick training and I was sweating that I had to be in charge... I was hoping to sit back and scoop rice all evening. The girls did great and had a lot of fun.
 Quinn helped by standing on the sacks of rice and giving orders.

 Campbell was enthusiastic through the whole evening
 Griffin really got into his role and was quick to hand the filled bags off to the sealing station.
 The girls posing in front of a few of the pallets full of food.
We ended up making over 300,000 meals over the 2 days of packaging. Pretty cool!
 Griffin posing for his favorite day of the year!!! Boys Camp!!! AKA Priesthood Commemoration campout.
 We had several performances in the Brock Theater. These shows were puppet shows with stuffed animals. We got tickets for each performance, a program and money to use for snacks at intermission. The stage is made out of the molding that was around our old ceiling lightbox and a slab of wood from our old front porch column.
 Happy Mother's Day to me and all the wonderful mothers we know! I got a bag with  every type of chocolate on earth- milk, dark, dark/milk with nuts, caramel filling, mint etc...
I love these kids... they make my job so much fun!
Griffin and daddy with the toolbag out. It's always cute to see the boys puzzling some new gadget out.

4 comments:

Neil Whiting said...

Emery has a great smile with or without braces

You were lucky to have Quinn to help with the meal packaging - it's is essential to have someone available to give everyone orders.

Lori Whiting said...

Yeah! new postings. These sweet kids do make your job fun and you are a wonderful mommy.
Love you!

John and Morgan said...

Love it! Your eyes are so bright in that picture with your kiddos. Love you guys!

Spencer said...

Nice to see these memories, and the commentary makes me laugh. Emery is so happy to have braces, thanks for sharing.