campbell is such a fun child. She's nothing like me in any way (except she's a girl) So I'm always caught off guard by the things she says, her reactions and personality.
*She doesn't like to wear ponytails because "they make me look like a sample lady at Costco"
*She would wear the same purple corduroy skirt every day
*She calls herself "Mrs. Campbell Boo Boo head" because she's got a scab on every elbow and knee
*She remembers EVERYTHING and can memorize things easily. She remembers names, the way things/people look or what they wear and everything I've ever said. She's almost memorized emery's list of prepositions just from hearing emery recite them. She also tries to answer all the comprehension questions I ask emery for English/Science/History. It peeves emery that campbell will yell the answer from the next room and you would never think campbell was even listening.
*Her reading and listening comprehension levels are sky-high. That's why she understands everything I'm talking about and logs it away for use later.
*She doesn't know how to whisper. At church she talks to me with a normal volume voice. I say "campbell- try that again, but whisper like I'm doing" Then she rolls her eyes and takes a deep, annoyed breath and says the same thing with the same volume but more slowly- then we repeat the process over and over.
I just stare at her and scratch my head. It's so funny to me.
Only campbell would choose the floor to do her work. She kind of acts like the family dog. All the kids hop into our bed in the morning and she's always down under the covers at the foot of the bed.
She's finally getting the hang of reading and will read little chapter books with me each day. We take turns reading the Book of Mormon stories together and she can join in on family Book of Mormon study. What a relief for me- getting her to read is for sure, definitely, absolutely the most frustrating thing I've ever had to do. She's easily distracted and with 4 kids, cars driving by, birds in the yard, and dogs barking there's always a distraction. Now she's making awesome progress and is getting better by the day.
She loves emery so much and does pretty much everything emery wants to do. It's hard to tell what campbell's real interests would even be because they're like little twins following each other around and always up to the same mischief.
campbell will be 6 in a couple months... I can't believe it!
*She doesn't like to wear ponytails because "they make me look like a sample lady at Costco"
*She would wear the same purple corduroy skirt every day
*She calls herself "Mrs. Campbell Boo Boo head" because she's got a scab on every elbow and knee
*She remembers EVERYTHING and can memorize things easily. She remembers names, the way things/people look or what they wear and everything I've ever said. She's almost memorized emery's list of prepositions just from hearing emery recite them. She also tries to answer all the comprehension questions I ask emery for English/Science/History. It peeves emery that campbell will yell the answer from the next room and you would never think campbell was even listening.
*Her reading and listening comprehension levels are sky-high. That's why she understands everything I'm talking about and logs it away for use later.
*She doesn't know how to whisper. At church she talks to me with a normal volume voice. I say "campbell- try that again, but whisper like I'm doing" Then she rolls her eyes and takes a deep, annoyed breath and says the same thing with the same volume but more slowly- then we repeat the process over and over.
I just stare at her and scratch my head. It's so funny to me.
Only campbell would choose the floor to do her work. She kind of acts like the family dog. All the kids hop into our bed in the morning and she's always down under the covers at the foot of the bed.
She's finally getting the hang of reading and will read little chapter books with me each day. We take turns reading the Book of Mormon stories together and she can join in on family Book of Mormon study. What a relief for me- getting her to read is for sure, definitely, absolutely the most frustrating thing I've ever had to do. She's easily distracted and with 4 kids, cars driving by, birds in the yard, and dogs barking there's always a distraction. Now she's making awesome progress and is getting better by the day.
She loves emery so much and does pretty much everything emery wants to do. It's hard to tell what campbell's real interests would even be because they're like little twins following each other around and always up to the same mischief.
campbell will be 6 in a couple months... I can't believe it!



4 comments:
Campbell is a one of a kind and we love her dearly. If we were all the same it would be boring!!
She is a very bright little girl and Emmy is a perfect big sister for her.
Love, Mom
Campbell is a wonderful and special blessing.
Her cheerful and creative nature always brightens the day.
A special gift.
Love, dad
what wonderful parents you have, leaving such sweet messages. and i loved your last post about their visit. your dad reminds me of my dad... they are such cute grandpas! campbell is a beautiful little girl and seems like a hoot! i love the comment about looking like a sample lady at costco. hahaha!!! what child would think of that?! i love it. i'm pretty sure i say this every time i comment, but you pretty much amaze me. i don't know how you homeschool at all, let alone with 4 young children at home. i honestly don't think i could do it. major props to you!
Love,
Morgan
I've been thinking about the ponytail comment (and laughing) for a week.
Post a Comment