Monday, September 28, 2015

2015 spring/summer

10 am dippin' dots at the mall.  I love those little yummy things.
Sunday makeovers.
One of our baseball fields had little gopher holes all over it. quinny would toss little clumps of clover and grass down their holes for them to snack on.
Conference nap time
campbell got a decorate-yourself treasure box in her Easter basket. Totally her. She's been working on origami this last week and has piles of cups, fish, frogs, flowers and cicadas- then she started making them smaller and smaller and now she's folding little froggies that are smaller than a pea. I can hear her yelling at the paper from the other room "Go in the slot! Come one! FOLD!!!" I love her passion!
Auntie KK was learning to french braid (or something...) on quinny's head. 
Lyla and emery singing the hymns

quinny is our little exhibitionist. I have to give her little talks on modesty all the time. She sneaks her little tank top under a T-shirt and then will cry that she's too hot and HAS to take her shirt off. This time she didn't bother asking and just took her whole top off.
Last week I was looking through clothes in my closet and she walked over to my shirts on their hangers and started labeling them "Mom- Dis is not modest, not modest, not modest, not modest, modest, not modest..."
Wow.
Griffin had a great season with the Hod Rods and we can't wait til next season. The parents on his team were really into the after game snack and would prepare whole lunch sacks of stuff. Here he is with the game ball for being that game's MVP.
griffin and quinny play really well together. He's always trying to get her to play games with him and she calls him "Gwiff" which I think is totally adorable.
"future missionaries" Primary activity
Our favorite park down in San Jose. Spencer had a client down there so we tagged along.
griffin in his umpire getup. Adorable. Afterwards he'd tell me how many times the ball had hit his glove.
A little leprechaun with his lovingly-watered grass. We killed the grass within a day or two.
emery had an awesome concert at the end of the year. The high school and middle school bands all gathered with the 5th grade band and each played a couple songs and then a song together. I was laughing so hard I was crying while watching the 5th grade band teacher trying to keep her kids on the beat and in time with the older kids.
Now she's playing in the middle school band and has improved a million percent.
Our beautiful green grass makes us happy in the springtime.
I was surprised how much I ended up liking baseball. griffin plays his little heart out in whatever sport I sign up for and it makes me so happy to watch. We started the season with giving him a treat if he could hit the ball without using the T and then changed it to "not use the T and get 2 people out". He played first base most games and was able to send the slow-pokes back to the dugout.
Yet another sleeping-griffin picture. And sleeping Dino.

No comments: