If I paint the nails of one of them the other 2 get in line... do a new hairdo on one of them and the other 2 get in line. Sunday morning hair-time is one of my favorite hours of the week. We play music, laugh and hang out and I've got hair paraphernalia strewn all over the counter.
quinny is super picky about how I do her hair so the other kids know that once I'm done they need to ooh and aahhh over the hairdo so quinny won't cry so much.
griffin joins in the fun by coming upstairs naked carrying his whole church outfit and getting ready in my bathroom.
Grandpa Neil texted us right when we were walking to school so we sent him an instant picture and note.
quinny is practicing her selfie.
quinn is very good about holding still while her nailpolish dries. She takes it super-seriously and wants her nails redone if they get a little chipped.
I had a half-day of insanity and almost got this little rescue dog named "Claude". I couldn't decide if the dog or the name was cuter. Thankfully someone adopted him and I regained my sanity and moved on.
Mother's Day 2015. The kids sang a few songs in church and the women each got a huge bag of all different kind of chocolate and candy. I think the men didn't want to hear any whining out of us about our Mother's Day treat.
emery and campbell did Girls on the Run this spring and loved it. Every Tu and Th they met after school and had a little lesson about being strong, standing up to bullies, valuing themselves etc... and then had running practice. At the end of the season they ran a 5K in San Francisco and I got to be the "buddy runner" for both of them. They are so so so fast. We ran about 7 miles per hour and I think the girls could have gone even faster. It was a really fun day.
quinny is off on some adventure during baseball practice
My favorite field trip this year was going with emery's class to the courthouse and jail. It was SO cool. We sat in on a few actual hearings and saw a bunch of naughty adults who couldn't behave themselves. They had to stand in front of 30 ten year olds and get charged with things like car theft or drug use. Haha- worst day ever. One guy came in all shackled up from the jail and had to stand in a cage on the side of the room. Even worse.
I have never seen that class so quiet. They didn't move or blink or anything.
Then we got to go to the jail and got shown around to the visiting area and some of the protocol for getting in and out of the different areas of the jail. I'm telling you, I was a very captive audience. I couldn't help from asking a few questions at each place. Campbell would have been proud!
quinny couldn't find her shoe for Jeff and Liz's reception so she settled on half-fancy, half-party... a church shoe and a flip flop. And it didn't bother her at all.
How cute is little quinny's X-ray??? That upper gap is my favorite. She has the sweetest smile.
I have a quartet of little dentist-lovers. They are happy, obedient and cheerful through the whole visit. Good thing too since I've shelled out hundreds of bucks on dental work so far. We were at the dentist so much this spring I think we saw the waiting room movie Big Hero 6 all the way through about 5 times.
2 comments:
Love you and this cute family of yours. Miss you guys!
Love the adorable hair braids!! It really is a fun walk to the kids school!! Great way for everyone to wake up!
Such beautiful children and a wonderful mommy!
Post a Comment