Sunday, June 24, 2012

art time

 Homeschooling here is different than it was in California. Here the state requires me to get reviewed twice a year and show them stuff- like proof you're actually learning and not watching TV all day. It's a pain in the butt. In addition to the normal subjects, I need to show teaching materials, worksheets and projects for an art, health, music and PE curriculum.

So, once a month or so I do enough stuff with the kids to fill their binder with "proof" they're following an art curriculum. We learn about an artist, write about him/her and try out his/her specific technique.

Don't get me wrong. I love teaching the kids and doing our own projects. It's just become necessary to set aside time to make items that fit the descriptions set by the state.
 griffin must join in any projects that involves messes. He mixed his colors together within seconds and then smeared every page with this lovely shade of brown.
 I think campbell's doing blob painting here. Paint on one side of the paper and fold in half to make mirror-image designs. Amazed her every time.
 Where's quinn? Yup, she's here too.
 emery painted like Van Gogh with really thick paint and lots of texture. It took 3 days to dry all the way. She also did some Kandinski and Mondrian.
 Now where's quinn?
 griffin's moved onto a puzzle. I cut pictures out of a magazine and the kids put them back together. It was a cooking magazine and the only nice full-page pictures were of pizzas.
quinn's stuck

No comments: