Monday, June 11, 2012

The logistics

Kids everywhere.
Here's a sample of one of the hotels. Some hotels we had 2 beds, some a bed and pull-out couch, one we had 2 beds and a roll-a-way bed too. Basically, the main goal every day was to exhaust the kids to the point that nighttime in the hotel room was not a nightmare.
 griffin was kind of a nomad. I don't really remember where he was each night. He always started out somewhere and then we had to find him in the morning. In this room he wanted to sleep under our bed. Can you imagine??? I still shudder thinking about it. Gross.
 The Tooth Fairy even visited this room. Don't know how she ever found emery's pillow.
 quinn was almost always in the bathroom or as far away from us as we could get her. Sometimes we hung a blanket over the side so she couldn't see us. She slept SO well. What a relief. She's used to her own room and this trip could have gone downhill quickly if she'd yelled at us all night long.
 Free breakfast each morning. I have to say... it was hard to come home and start sweeping floors and making meals again.
 Spencer had the kids working together like a well-oiled machine. Everyone knew exactly which bag they were in charge of and we were in and out of each hotel room with only one trip. I was in charge of the baby and my purse.
griffin got a little overzealous with the chocolate milk. He went through a lot of clothes this trip.



1 comment:

Powers Fam said...

It has been so fun reading about your vacation. Cliff and I are taking the kids on a two week road trip/camping trip with our trailer. I know you have posted great tips for traveling on the airplane with kids. How did you entertain the kids in the car? Did they have a favorite snack or treat? I think the farthest we have driven with our kids has been to either San Diego or Santa Rosa.