Last month we went to Capitol Mall for what is probably out last visit. Sad.
We weren't planning on doing anything that day because the forecast called for rain. But, I glanced at weather.com in the morning and, amazingly, no rain on the horizon. So, I yelled at the kids "Get dressed! We're leaving for the Metro in 15 minutes!!!"
Just in time to catch the 9:30 metro and pay reduced fare.
10 am stop for the first snack
quinny at Washington Monument
quinny at MLK Jr Memorial
I won't tell you how long it took me to figure out this pretty straight-forward memorial. I sat down and explained it to the kids and then emery pointed out to me that I was kind of wrong.
The section above says "Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope"
Tidal Basin with Jefferson Memorial in far background
Halfway around the Tidal Basin. Snack #3 and baby duck sighting
quinny at Tidal Basin
The FDR memorial
At the end of our trip the kids said "Wow! We saw THREE exciting things today in DC!!!! Baby duckies! Baby geese and 2 horses!!!!!" Yeah- that's why we came.
We weren't planning on doing anything that day because the forecast called for rain. But, I glanced at weather.com in the morning and, amazingly, no rain on the horizon. So, I yelled at the kids "Get dressed! We're leaving for the Metro in 15 minutes!!!"
Just in time to catch the 9:30 metro and pay reduced fare.
10 am stop for the first snack
quinny at Washington Monument
the "Mountain of Despair"
We hadn't seen the MLK Jr Memorial yet. The weather was perfect for a walk around the tidal basin so all my plans were fitting together nicely.quinny at MLK Jr Memorial
I won't tell you how long it took me to figure out this pretty straight-forward memorial. I sat down and explained it to the kids and then emery pointed out to me that I was kind of wrong.
The section above says "Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope"
Tidal Basin with Jefferson Memorial in far background
Halfway around the Tidal Basin. Snack #3 and baby duck sighting
quinny at Tidal Basin
The FDR memorial
At the end of our trip the kids said "Wow! We saw THREE exciting things today in DC!!!! Baby duckies! Baby geese and 2 horses!!!!!" Yeah- that's why we came.
















2 comments:
haha! that is totally my kids too. excited to see baby chickies but don't really care much about what we actually went to see.
where are you guys moving?
You have been so wonderful Allie to take all four kids to see all the wonderful museums and monuments in DC while living so close. They will always remember these times, especially Emmy and Campbell!!
Love you and thanks for sharing such cute pictures.
Love, mom
Post a Comment